[icon-discuss] Re: reset question and console question

  • From: "Sharon" <mt281820@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 21:52:11 -0400

David, thank you for this!
Sharon

-----Original Message-----
From: icon-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:icon-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of David Poehlman
Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2008 10:35 AM
To: icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [icon-discuss] Re: reset question and console question

Reboot is kind of like rebooting your pc, reset is a bit harsher and is kind
of like control alt delete used to be which would force a restart when
something was locked up but different in that it also requires a time reset.

reflash is a rollback to the currently factory flashed set of the unit in
this case, I think it would be 1.1 even though you may have received your
unit before 1.1 because the reflash now uses the extra partition to restore
the firmware.

The reason to avoid taking out the batery if at all possible is that reset
and reflash and restart all are controlled meltdowns and yanking out the
battery is kind of like pulling the plug on a pc in that if the hd is doing
something, you could foul it.