[icon Discussions] orion

  • From: Richard Fiorello <richkar1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-discuss <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2011 20:38:06 -0400

Hi list;
Haven't seen an Orion but from the information provided it does much more than I want or need. Long ago gave up on gps or cell phone and purchased other divices that did the job. The built in text recognition is nice but I really don't need it. I'd really love! a continued braille plus with some of the kinks worked out. Checked out the braille note list and they didn't sound at all positive. The folks on the hims list are a very up beat positive group and their divice might be more of what I want but unfortunately it won't support nls and their primary focus seems to be on the unit with a built in braille display like the Orion. I like braille in its place but 18 cells requires lots of scrolling and doesn't do good things to the price.
I guess I will just have to put my thinking cap on and see what comes.
--
richard
If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only.