[icon-discuss] Re: need static ip

  • From: "Pratik Patel" <pratikp1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 06:17:57 -0400

Kevin,

Depending on your router, you should be able to assign static IP while still
using DHCP.  Assign a static IP to your Icon's MAC address, then use The
DHCP option in the network manager to have the Icon search for an address.
Your router will assign the same address every time.

Works for me with my delink router.

Pratik