[icon Discussions] Re: my old Braille Plus has a problem

  • From: David R <dvdrln766@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kc3fi@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2016 14:00:01 -0500

Voiceover commands are simple and easy to remember so it wouldn't be a problem
and there's plenty of resources with information and lots of people willing to
help I got a iPhone and own'd a iPad as well and have no complaints at all

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 5, 2016, at 11:06 AM, Bob Martin <kc3fi@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks, Lou:
I am still considering iPad using the recent braille keyboard to maintain
portability but wonder if I can master the Voiceover commands. If I were 10
or so years younger, I might ask rehab for lessons so as to keep on target.
Getting roof replaced today and even about half the cost I expected, our
savings are decreasing a lot faster than we expected and there is the issue
of my not learning as easily as I did.

73 and Happy New Year to you and yours.
Bob

-----Original Message----- From: Louis Smith
Sent: Monday, January 04, 2016 11:46 PM
To: kc3fi@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: gabbyabby96@xxxxxxxxxxx ; Carlos Fernandez ; Icon discuss
Subject: Re: [icon Discussions] Re: my old Braille Plus has a problem

I could be wrong, but I think APH quietly phased out support of the Braille
Plus. When I saw what was happening and my own Braille Plus was (and still
is) on life support, I decided for the most part to not purchase blindness
specific hardware for this reason. That said, I really miss the device. Bob,
from what was said earlier in this thread, it looks like APH isn’t supporting
the second generation braille plus any longer.

Lou

On Jan 4, 2016, at 11:29 PM, Bob Martin <kc3fi@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Mine, too. How much does the new one cost?
Bob

-----Original Message----- From: Abby Trimble
Sent: Monday, January 04, 2016 9:55 PM
To: Carlos Fernandez ; Icon discuss

Well then, perhaps A P H should consider updating their hardware use.
Better yet, they should have notified us if they had to drop support.
If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender
only. If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is
related to LevelStar or APH then consider sending your message to
icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.