[icon-discuss] Re: intro and questions

  • From: chase crispin <chase.crispin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Jan 1970 13:21:47 -0600

Hi,
Your answers are in your original message.
On Thu, 3 Apr 2008 11:29:24 -0400, Brian Moore wrote:

>HI all.  Just subscribed to this list.
>
>I did this for two reasons.
>
>1.  I work as the tech support person for frontier computing which is a
>level star dealer in Canada.  If I am going to support the product, I
>want
>to know as much as I can about it.
>
>2.  Although I haven't had a chance to play with the demo unit much, I
>have
>been reading quite a bit and I think I might have to get one of these
>things
>for myself.
>
>My first question.  My current mp3 player is failing so I have to
>replace
>it.  While I can go and find a main stream player and put rockbox on
>it, I
>am wondering about the quality of the amp in the icon. I'm a bit of an
>audio
>file and want to get user feedback on the quality of the audio when
>listening to stereo music.  If it is quite good, I won't bother getting
>another mp3 player.
It is a great player.  Since it has those 2 stereo speakers, it sounds
excellent.  You
can also hook up any pare of headphones, or speakers, and get even better sound.
>2.  Will this unit read text files.  I use a book port at the moment
>and it
>is part of my anatamy.  I take it everywhere.  I know the icon can read
>text.  what synthe?  Will have to compare it to double talk which I
>quite
>like.
Same here.  Long time BP user.  It wasn't hard to adjust to the Braille Plus.
This
device uses eloquence, which is what JAWS and Window Eyes use.  I do hope that
someday double talk will be here, but I don't think there is much chance of
that.
>Don't care so much about audio books since I really don't read them
>much.
I was the same here, but honestly, I have become dependent! on them, and would
insist of any
book being audio if I could.
>Looking forward to participating.
Glad to help.