[icon-discuss] information please

  • From: "Terri Pannett" <pann1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Icon Discussion List" <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 09:25:45 -0700

Hi,

I've been reading the online manual and I have some questions.

If I'm using the Icon with a BrailleWave and I need to use a command like control + l for example, would I press dots 1-2-3-8 or would I press dot 8 then dots 1-2-3?

I've noticed the commands for some of the features list phone keypad commands and qwerty commands but no braille equivalents. What would I do in those cases?

I noticed the web site has audio tutorials and I'm told I need Adobe Flash Player 10 updater to access them. I've got Adobe Reader 8 installed, but I don't have any version of Adobe Flash Player. Would the updater work if I have no Adobe Flash player installed?

Finally, I'm using Comcast for my ISP. It's connected to my PCs using one wired modem and on wireless router. I understand from the manual that I need to connect the Icon to the internet in order to download some software and register it so I could use NLS talking books. I have no clue for connecting the Icon directly to the internet because my modem and router are already connected to my PC's. I have no idea how Comcast set things up for me.

Thanks for your answers and information.

Terri Amateur Radio call sign KF6CA.
If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only.
If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to
LevelStar or APH then consider sending your message to
icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx