[icon-discuss] Re: [icon-discuss]and the audio player

  • From: "Paul Henrichsen" <paulh52@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 15:37:08 -0700

I have now listened to every podcast I transferred into the braille plus
into a directory called my received podcasts. I would say that 99 percent of
the time, this worked just great. It was really nice to be able to skip
through a two hour main menu to get to the part which interested me.
I did encounter two or three main menu podcasts where the time showed as
zero when arrowing through the tag. If the time shows as zero, you are
unable to move forward or backward.
I also found one main menu where the time in the tag did not match the
actual time of the podcast. The actual time was probably five minutes
greater.
Speeding up the podcast works great, however.
I got through 21 main menus I had let get built up, probably 16 blind cool
techs and some blind geek zone casts. I didn't listen to them all, but if I
had heard them before, just deleted them.
But being able to skip and also speed up the cast certainly was great.
I suppose I'll have to uninstall juice now<grin>.
I also mentioned before that tag reading for albums has greatly improved. I
think there were two songs on a Christmas album where the genre showed up as
none when moving through the tags, but the genre was still picked up as
Christmas and all the songs on the particular album showed up.
Thanks, APH and Levelstar for a great player.