[icon-discuss] icon and speech compression

  • From: "Larry Lumpkin" <llumpkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 20:05:53 -0500

I find the compression on the icon less listenable than that on the stream
because it has a burbling effect.  I can live with that.  The much more
serious problem is this.  When listening to a book from NLS, If you increase
speed over 160%, the audio breaks up.  I have only tried it on one book,
"the ladies of covington send their love", and will try it on other books to
test this.  It does not do this on podcasts like abc world news.  I can often
listen to compression of 200% or more and fervently
hope this can be fixed.