[icon-discuss] braille displays & orion

  • From: Richard Fiorello <richkar1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 09:42:51 -0400

Hello;
Pricing is one of those discussions we aren't going to win.  As inconvenient as
it might be, an external braille display connected to whatever notetaker you
are using might help the pocketbook.  I would expect the unit with no display
to be drastically cheaper but I have been wrong before.
My other thought is that 18 cells isn't much.  40 cells is better and 80 cells
is a step in the right direction. I am waiting for the full page display but
don't think I will see it.   trouble is the larger the display the less
portable the unit becomes.
A bit off topic but has anyone noticed that perkins is selling two displays at
what I felt were remarkably low prices?  I wonder if they will connect to the
orion or icon for that matter?
I've been looking at hims which I would purchase in a heart beat were it not
for the lack of nls.
Richard