[icon-discuss] Re: bookshelf update problem

  • From: "Marc Mulcahy" <marc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 17:56:05 -0600

Lary:

In the case of books from Bookshare.org, at least some of the books
themselves are incorectly generated at Bookshare's end, and there's not a
lot we can do about it.  Basically what happens when you choose to copy
books from an SD card or USB drive is that we scan the drive for book files
(in this case, .opf files).  When we find one, we open it, and retrieve the
complete list of files which are a part of that book so we know what files
to copy.  Unfortunately, at least some titles from Bookshare.org have an
incomplete list of files, so we don't copy all the files in the book.  The
package file for the book is missing from the list, so we don't copy it.

As a result, when the cataloger goes to search for new books, it doesn't
find any new .opf files, since we didn't copy any, and as a result, the book
never shows up in the bookshelf.

Hope this makes sense.

Marc