[icon-discuss] Re: a couple questions from an early-stage luster

  • From: "BILL FREEMAN" <BFREEMAN@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 09:18:21 -0400

Kevin,

I have compiled pine 4.64 for the icon/braille plus, and have placed it on our
console applications site. 'http://tech.aph.org/mm/linux-console'.

Enjoy!

>>> kevin@xxxxxxxxxxx 07/01/07 11:57PM >>>
the browser in the icon is the best i have ever seen in a pda even a
pocket pc.
Marc told me that pine will run on the icon I have thought of doing it.

Dean Martineau wrote:
> Hi, all.  I, like many, are contemplating buying a small device, and the
> APH version of the Icon has lots of potential.
>
> One of my needs, which I may never meet, is for a device that has a
> redirect command in the e-mail client.  Redirect allows you to pass a
> message on so that it appears to come from an original sender rather
> than me.  I suspect that the Unix Pine client has this command, so I'm
> wondering how difficult it is to experiment with Unix on this machine.
> How dangerous is it really; how capable is the Unix implementation? How
> likely is it that I could get Pine to work on the device?
>
> I'm also interested in comparisons of the browser experience.  How much
> of the web can you access, and how is the experience, compared both to
> the pc and to other portable devices?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Dean

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.6000.16481" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style="MARGIN-TOP: 2px; FONT: 8pt Tahoma; MARGIN-LEFT: 2px">
<DIV><FONT size=1>Kevin,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=1></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=1>I have compiled pine 4.64 for the icon/braille plus, and have
placed it on our console applications site.
'http://tech.aph.org/mm/linux-console'.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=1></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=1>Enjoy!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=1></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><BR><BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; kevin@xxxxxxxxxxx 07/01/07 11:57PM
&gt;&gt;&gt;<BR>the
browser in the icon is the best i have ever seen in a pda even a <BR>pocket
pc.<BR>Marc told me that pine will run on the icon I have thought of doing
it.<BR><BR><BR>Dean Martineau wrote:<BR>&gt; Hi, all.&nbsp; I, like many, are
contemplating buying a small device, and the <BR>&gt; APH version of the Icon
has lots of potential.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; One of my needs, which I may never
meet,
is for a device that has a <BR>&gt; redirect command in the e-mail
client.&nbsp;
Redirect allows you to pass a <BR>&gt; message on so that it appears to come
from an original sender rather <BR>&gt; than me.&nbsp; I suspect that the Unix
Pine client has this command, so I'm <BR>&gt; wondering how difficult it is to
experiment with Unix on this machine.&nbsp; <BR>&gt; How dangerous is it
really;
how capable is the Unix implementation? How <BR>&gt; likely is it that I could
get Pine to work on the device?<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; I'm also interested in
comparisons of the browser experience.&nbsp; How much <BR>&gt; of the web can
you access, and how is the experience, compared both to <BR>&gt; the pc and to
other portable devices?<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Thanks.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Dean<BR>&gt;
<BR><BR></DIV></BODY></HTML>