[icon-discuss] Wish there was a Linux console audio demo for the Icon and Braille Plus

  • From: Jerry Matheny <starnoble@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-discuss <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 20:18:31 -0600

I wish someone would do an audio demo/tutorial on using the Linux console on the Icon or Braille Plus? Maybe not necessarily Linux basics, but I'm wanting to know more how responsive is the speech in the console? I've had issues on treditional pc's running Linux with software speech. Is this better on the Icon/Braille Plus? And, I realize this may be off topic for this list, but in general is it pretty easy to get text based Linux apps to compile on the Icon/ Braille Plus? If someone could please advise it would be muchly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Jerry

If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only.
If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to
LevelStar or APH then consider sending your message to
icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx