[icon-discuss] Re: Suggestion for a future update.

  • From: Kevin Jones <kevin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 12:18:24 -0600

skype is the best thing since icq started text im software. skype never interupts me if i'm busy i just put myself in dnd mode. skype is basically like a phone on your computer, and voice is often better than text it actually conveys personality, shows people are more than a synthetic voice. voip is an amazing and cool technology and it's where voice communication is going. Marc said once he had a sip client working on the icon, I plan some time to set up a sip server and make my icon among all the other things it can do, a cordless phone.

Chris G wrote:
umm, Skype is VOIP.
Same as a phone call.
On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 13:02:52 -0500, "David Poehlman"
<poehlman1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

as far as I'm concerned, they can call or emal me.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris G" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>