[icon-discuss] Suggestion for a braille plus specific hardware upgrade

  • From: Rob Lambert <rml695@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 23:45:55 -0700

I've heard the iPhone & iPod Touch both have accelerometers so that when the
user turns the iPod from horizontal to vertical, the screen rotates
accordingly. I was wondering about putting an accelerometer in the Braille Plus
with the idea in mind that, when horizontally oriented, the cursor cross would
rotate so that right would be down, left would be up, etc., and also when the
unit is vertically oriented, the braille keys would be turned off as a safe
guard so you don't accidentally hit them. Any ideas on the cost to bennifit
ratio of this?