[icon-discuss] Re: {***SPAM***}Re: itunes with the braille plus.

  • From: Marta Rodriguez <yerbabruja@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 13:43:23 -0400

I-Tunes should have an options menu where you'd be able to tell it how you want your files saved when ripped.

But you know, it is likely that you have windows media player on your computer. If that's the case, you can bring up the option menu of the player with an alt t and then the letter o. Once you bring up that menu, you want to look for the music tab. Once there, tab through the various options, and you'll find an option that says something like rip music to this format. Arrow down to where it says mp3, then save the selection by tabbing to the okay button and activating it, by pressing the spacebar, or pressing enter.

Real player automatically rips to mp3 forrmat.

Once you rip your music to Windows Media Player, I-Tunes, or Real Audio, you'll want to plug your Braille Plus to your PC via the USB cable, and put it in disc drive mode by selecting option 6 from the applications menu, arrowing down to the disc drive mode option, and pressing the okay or enter button.

Once you've done that, activate my computer or windows explorer on your PC, look for the folders where your music's been saved, (usually the my music subfolder within the my documents folder,) and locate the folder that you want transferred to the braille plus.

Once you locate the folder, copy or cut it, with a control C or control X, open up my computer or windows explorer, and look for the braille plus, which is now in disk drive mode. Usually windows will assign a letter to that drive, calling it mass storage drive e, f... depending on how many drives you have on your machine. Once you locate the drive, locate the music folder, select it by pressing enter, or right arrowing to open it, and paste your folders there with a control V.

Note1: If you ripped your music through I-Tunes, I-Tunes will make its own folder within the my documents folder.

Note2: The music folder in your brraille plus is in the hard drive, not the internal fflash drive.

Hope this helps.

Marta
----- Original Message ----- From: "Sue Ward" <groovy41@xxxxxxxx>