[icon-discuss] Re: Possible Braille Plus/Icon Bug?

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 08:11:48 -0500

Chase and others:

Yes, this is a known issue, however, I'd like to make a few suggestions on
remedy, until we can get it fixed.  First of all, when your unit is locked up
do to the use of the lock key, you don't have to remove the battery.  Instead,
you can just tap on the Reset button, located in the Battery Compartment.  Wait
for a second or two and the unit will come on and it will be just as if you
never had the lockup.  You won't lose any of your settings.  If that doesn't
work, then you should hold down the Reset button for about 5 seconds.  This is
a more stable thing to do, rather than removing the battery.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> chasec@xxxxxxxxxx 11/15/07 10:28PM >>>
I have had the same problem on my unit, and have heard of others with the
same problem.  I lock my unit allot to listen to pod casts, and it will just
not turn back on unless I take the battery out.
If your unit is plugged on to AC power, you will need to take the battery
out and unplug the unit so it is getting no power at all.

Chase Crispin

  _____