[icon-discuss] New release of the Icon software

  • From: "J. Michael Jones" <mjones@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <icon-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 16:04:20 -0600

Good afternoon everyone,

We have release version 1.02 of the Icon software.  I will post the changes
at the end of my message.  The update is available through the software
update utility.  It is also available through the alternative method for
those who need it.

Enjoy,

Here are the changes:

Changes for the release of 1.02.

1. Braille backtranslation table fixes.
2. Control home and control end move to top and bottom of document.
3. Home and end move to beginning and end of line or current text field.
4. Holding down up and down is the same as control home and control end
respectively.
5. Holding down left and right is the same as home and end respectively.
6. Next and previous page commands were implemented.  Hold down pound while
pressing up and down.
7. Holding down pound no longer activates go to page.  You now must select
it from the menus.
8. Manual updates.
9. We have moved all databases into /home/root/db.

RSS

1. HTML import fixes.
2. Fix to honor article cache setting.
3. The RSS reader should be much faster in caching articles.

Internet Book Search

1. Errors connecting to the internet book search server now properly time
out and report an error.

News Stand

1. If the news stand has trouble connecting to Bookshare.org or retrieving
issues, it will now gracefully stop and report errors.

Browser

1. We added a sound to indicate that a page has begun loading when a link is
selected or a form is submitted.
2. We added progress sounds and complete sounds to indicate page loading and
page loading complete.
3. Goto anchors (same page links) working.
4. Mouse over support working.  The options are under tools/mouse over.
5. Added a links only and headers only
mode.-----------------------------------------------------------------------
-

Email

1. Fixed some more cases where the email program could hang downloading mail
from, or connecting to mail servers.
2. Manage filters now implemented-- select manage filters from the filters
menu, and then press menu to delete or edit a filter.

Michael Jones
LevelStar
1500 Cherry St. Suite D
Louisville, CO  80027