[icon-discuss] Re: NLS book stops reading

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 09:46:06 -0500

When reporting a problem with a book,  please also provide title and
author.  Often problems are peculiar to particular titles.  You may also
want to submit an online problem report, which will automatically send a
zipped log file to the technical team.  You will find this in the utility
menu.  Thanks,  Guido

Guido Dante Corona
IBM Research,
Human Ability & Accessibility Center,   (HA&AC)
Austin Tx.
Phone:  512. 838. 9735.
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Web:  http://www.ibm.com/able

". . . Maybe it was only those who were most certain they were right who
were guaranteed to be wrong. And that maybe, just maybe, those who
questioned the most were in the end those who came closest to being wise."
[David Poyer, The Command]

"Crystal French" <raincrow@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: icon-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
04/10/2008 09:30 AM
Please respond to

<icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[icon-discuss] NLS book stops reading

Hi,
This is my first experience with the NLS digital books on my Braille Plus.

There was no problem geting the book on the BP, and I was not having any
trouble with it until last night.

The book simply stopped reading.

At first, I thought the BP had locked up, but this was not the case.

I tried pressing the Select button, but this did not do anything.

I closed the book, and then, when it opened, tried using the right arrow
key
to move.

Well, it did, but it went backwards, not forward.

After several go rounds, I finally got the book to move past the point
where
it would stop.

Is there something else I should have done?

If this is typical behavior, then it isn't very impressive.

Crystal

For answers to the most frequently asked questions about Icon and Braille
+, Visit