[icon-discuss] Re: Missing Periodical delivery

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 14:25:18 -0400

Hi Susan:

I have had similar experiences with regard to headings missing and not having
all of the articles.  I don't know if it's a Book Share problem or an Icon
Braille Plus thing.  I can find the missing info on the regular web page of the
paper, but not any other way.  It seems to me I remember similar experiences
when I used to read the paper with the telephone.  It's very annoying, because
there's an article in the Feature section of my paper that I'd like to read on
Thursdays, but I've yet to be able to do that with the Braille +.  I'll keep
hoping.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> community@xxxxxxxxxxx 07/02/07 02:15PM >>>

Is anybody experiencing missing issues of newspapers on Bookshare/Icon. I'm
assuming the problems are in the newspaper distribution cycle, just like with a
regular newspaper delivery. Specifically, the New York Times missed delivery
yesterday (Sunday) and another day last week. Also, the Washington Post
occasionally arrives without sections, just reading as B1-B2-B3-B4. Overall,
the Icon NewsStand and Bookshare periodicals are a terrific service.

My local paper isn't on the Bookshare periodical list and the website is a mess
so I use a Google Alert on the city to bring in some headlines and local
activities. Bookport was trying Spyder to pull down news items, it didn't work
for me. Does anybody have recommendations for quickly compiling local news?

Thanks for feedback.

Susan G.