[icon-discuss] List rules and guidelines

  • From: Michael Jones <mjones@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 08:16:41 -0600

Dear Listers:
This message is a monthly reminder of your subscription to the Icon Discussion
list and the rules and expectations there of.  If you wish to unsubscribe
from this list, please send an email to
icon-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 with the word "unsubscribe" in the subject line.  To post to the list, send
email to
icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
.  When posting to the list, please make sure to send using the email address
with which you are subscribed.
Rules and expectations.
This list is hosted by LevelStar and its purpose is to provide a forum for
discussing Icon/Braille Plus-related topics and for users to assist each other
with icon/Braille Plus-related tasks.  Several LevelStar and APH staff
subscribe to the list and users are often very knowledgeable about how to
perform tasks and solve problems with Icon/Braille +.  Staff will attempt to
correct any misinformation posted to the list, but if you are in doubt about
any information you receive through the list, you are encouraged to  contact
tech support directly.  Specifically, if it appears you have physical  problems
with your unit, you should contact the appropriate
technical support staff for that unit (LevelStar for Icon and APH for Braille
+).
Please stay on topic.  While the mention of other products is permitted for the
purposes of discussion and comparison, this is not a discussion list for
those products.  We welcome discussion of products that may serve as valuable
accessories for the PDA, however, we ask that you limit your discussion to
their relevance to Icon/Braille +.
Neither profane language nor flaming of persons or companies is permitted.
Please keep your posts courteous, clean, and respectful.
Please keep your messages relevant to the subject line.  If you wish to
introduce a new topic into the discussion, please change the subject line to
reflect
that.
For the purposes of keeping traffic at a minimum, we ask that users please
refrain from replying to a list message simply to say "Thank you" or something
similar.  We appreciate very much the polite sentiment, however such things
contribute greatly to the trafic of the list yet contribute little to the
content.
Let us assume that all users appreciate any assistance given them by other list
members.
We also ask that, before replying to a message, users read ahead to make sure
the message has not already been responded to with the same information you
intend to give.  This will reduce the redundancy of list posts.  In addition,
if your reply would benefit only the list poster and would contribute little
to general list discussion, please reply to the poster off list.
We thank you for your attention and look forward to your contributions to the
list.
The list moderators