[icon-discuss] Re: How to capitalize words

  • From: "FRED GISSONI" <fgissoni@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <acorreia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 13:59:35 -0400

Anisio, In braille dot six is the capital sing.  When you write a dot six it
means that the letter that follows it is an uppercase (capitalized) letter.
Instead of writing a dot six before each letter of a word that is to be
capitalized, the rule in braille is that you place two dots six side by side.
This indicates that the whole word is to be regarded as capitalized.

If you do this with the Braille Plus, it will translate the word as a word
written entirely in upperdcase.

I hope this helps.

Fred

>>> acorreia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 07/19/07 01:01PM >>>
I'm sorry, can you be a bit more specific?  The two dot 6s is that a chord?
I'm not following.

Anisio