[icon-discuss] Re: Frustrating problems with RSS reader

  • From: Kevin Jones <kevin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 14:09:55 -0600

I have also had these rss reading problems on my icon, also I find that the icon will currently fail to recognize my thinkoutside keyboard. My laptop can see the thinkoutside on my new freedom universal keyboards, so reading Michael's problem I'm thinking reflashing also.

Mike Busboom wrote:
Hi.

For the last couple of days, I have had difficulties reading articles which
I have downloaded through the RSS client.  I normally download articles and
podcasts, turn off wireless once the download has completed, take the
Braille Plus with me and read the articles offline.

Whenever I try doing this now, I get the following message:

URL Open Error 2: Temporary Failure in Name resolution

If I want to read the articles, I have to have wireless turned on and be
connected via WLAN to the Internet.

The second problem I am having is with the podcasts.  I am told that I have
a specific number of podcasts that need to be downloaded.  However, when I
tell the Braille Plus to grab the podcasts, I get the sound that is used to
notify me when all the downloading has been completed.  The notification
tones come only some ten seconds after I have pressed OK to initiate the
download and none of the podcasts is actually downloaded to my unit.

Since neither rebooting nor resetting the Braille Plus worked, I am assuming
I will need to reflash.  I have the files I will need for the reflash, but I
need to know the procedure for accomplishing it.

Thanks,

Mike