[icon-discuss] Re: Frustrating problems with RSS reader

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 14:56:37 -0500

Michael:

Before reflashing, be sure to backup the Application data, under Menu 6, 8 (see
the manual for more details).  To reflash,

1.  Turn the unit off.

2.  Press and hold both the * key and the Reset button in the Battery
Compartment.

3.  After 5 to 10 seconds, let upon the Reset, but keep the * key held down
until the unit vibrates (which should be a second or two after)..

4.  Wait for the unit to come back on.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> mike@xxxxxxxxxx 12/14/07 01:11PM >>>
Hi.

For the last couple of days, I have had difficulties reading articles which
I have downloaded through the RSS client.  I normally download articles and
podcasts, turn off wireless once the download has completed, take the
Braille Plus with me and read the articles offline.

Whenever I try doing this now, I get the following message:

URL Open Error 2: Temporary Failure in Name resolution

If I want to read the articles, I have to have wireless turned on and be
connected via WLAN to the Internet.

The second problem I am having is with the podcasts.  I am told that I have
a specific number of podcasts that need to be downloaded.  However, when I
tell the Braille Plus to grab the podcasts, I get the sound that is used to
notify me when all the downloading has been completed.  The notification
tones come only some ten seconds after I have pressed OK to initiate the
download and none of the podcasts is actually downloaded to my unit.

Since neither rebooting nor resetting the Braille Plus worked, I am assuming
I will need to reflash.  I have the files I will need for the reflash, but I
need to know the procedure for accomplishing it.

Thanks,

Mike