[icon-discuss] Re: File sharing question

  • From: Kevin Jones <kevin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 20:57:32 -0500

I understand the security, but still I feel that I should have the option with a strong warning instead of not have the option at all?

Steve Dresser wrote:
Kevin,

For security reasons, sharing an entire drive is not recommended. In fact, if you try to do so on your computer, you'll get a message to that effect, and a prompt that asks you if you really want to do that. If the whole drive is shared, all the folders and sub-folders are also shared unless you specifically disable file sharing for each sub-folder. This would be a real pain if you had several sub-folders.

Steve

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin Jones" <kevin@xxxxxxxxxxx>