[icon-discuss] Re: Feature request

  • From: pyyhkala@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 13:09:38 -0400

Hi,

We recently had a demonstration of the Icon in Boston at the VIBUG user group:
http://www.vibug.org
materials for last meeting here:
http://drop.io/vibug12apr2008
and printing was also a requested feature that several people brought
up in the group discussion.

It would also be handy if the Icon had the ability to send faxes over
the internet as part of the print drivers.  This would be handy, for
example, to fax ones boarding pass to a hotel using on-line check in.

The question really would be for me does the Icon have enough
capabilities, or will I still need to bring my laptop on short trips?
If the icon had printing and faxing capabilities it would be all that
much more ubiquitous avoiding the need to also carry a laptop in
addition to a PDA.

Best,
Mika

Follow my Micro blog on Twitter: