[icon-discuss] Entering mixed braille Text Using Braille+

  • From: "Bob Martin" <kc3fi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2010 15:48:28 -0400

Hi:

I'm a new Braille+ user and first time poster here.

I have had a borrowed unit from local rehabilitation group and will get my
own in a few days.  Tomorrow I will be taking notes for our amateur radio
and television meeting hoping to be successful with Braille+ as my old
Braille'N'Speak died.

The question I have is the easiest way to enter member amateur call signs
(station IDs" which contain letters and a numeral.  For example, my call is
KC3FI.  When I wrote that, using Nemeth Code,  the synthesizer  spoke a
comma for the dot 6 but when I saved the file as plain text, it seems to
come out as capital letters for sentences.

So, how should I enter KC3FI or W3BAB etc"

Thanks.
Bob Martin
Baltimore MD.

EchoLink Node - 55127