[icon-discuss] Description of Icon

  • From: Terrence van Ettinger <terrence@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2007 08:54:22 -0900 (AKST)

Is there anything on an Icon that identifies it as such? Also, if you had to describe it to someone sighted in 5 words or less, how would you manage it? Despite all my best intensions mine disappeared last night and I've been trying to ask around about it...no one's seen it and I'm worried I might be describing it wrong. Is "PDA without a screen" a reasonable description or should I take a different tack? And some advice as a result of this: 1) Back up daily. You never know when you might need a contact and can't get to your icon (e.g. dead battery or disappearance.) 2) Identify the Icon as yours; put a label somewhere in/on the case with contact info etc.

I swear if I do find the thing I'm making a neck rope for it...too much of my life is in that thing.

Terrence