[icon-discuss] Re: Cleaning out personal information

  • From: Dan Keys <dnkeys@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 16:11:16 -0700

Hello,
It doesn't work at all, just a normal reset, that's all.
Dan
On Jul 6, 2007, at 3:26 PM, Governor Staten wrote:

there is a command to do this. turn the unit so that the battery side is facing up. take the battery cap off, and on the right side of that compartment is the reset button. you will have to use a paper clip or something pointy to get to the reset button. hold the reset button with the star key in combination for a couple of seconds. When it vibrates once, let the reset button go and keep holding down the star key until it vibrates again. then, wait until it starts speaking.

Dan Keys wrote:

Hello,
In short, Is there a command to reset the Icon truly back to all factory defaults. In other words, as shipped originally?
This is something that is really needed, I think.
Dan
On Jul 6, 2007, at 3:02 PM, Richard Turner wrote:

Greetings,

I have a demo Icon that the agency I work for is purchasing for a client.

I put in my bookshare user name and password.
I would like to remove that before it is given to the client.
How do I do that?
Also, is there an easy way to wipe out the planner, rather than deleting
individual appointments?
And, lastly, is there an easy way to delete everything in the address book?

Thanks,
Richard