[icon-discuss] Re: Braille Plus and the Internet

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 13:07:00 -0500

Marta:

Just to clarify, what we've been talking about with regard to the USB network
is to be used, if you don't have Wireless capability.  For people who don't
have a router.  It gives you the ability to use the Braille + keyboard to
browse the Internet, but the only difference is you're hooked to the PC. You
can also syncrinize the Addressbook or your music from the PC as well.   The
Disc Drive Mode is a whole nother thing.  When the Braille + is in Disc Drive
Mode, you use the PC to copy or paste files to and from it, but you can't
browse the Net that way.  When the Braille + is in Disc Drive mode, it is a
removable disc at that point and will have no other function, until you exit
Disc Drive Mode.

Just wanted to clear that up.

Hope that helps!

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> yerbabruja@xxxxxxxx 12/12/07 01:17PM >>>
Okay, that answers that, thank you.  I wondered why my laptop wouldn't
recognize it even though I'd installed all of the software that came with
the device.  Then I saw the disk drive option in utilities, and figured I
might have to select that option before connecting it to the laptop.

It might be easier for me to locate the library folder and copy the books to
it in this manner.  Thanks.

Marta