[icon-discuss] Re: Braille Plus and the Internet

  • From: Kevin Jones <kevin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 11:07:04 -0600

the download speed is around 100k/sec so yes it does take about 10 minutes.

Shane D wrote:
Okay. I got it on, and it's downloading. Does it normally take 10
minutes to download?

On 12/12/07, PAMELA RADER <PRADER@xxxxxxx> wrote:
The firmware has to be done through the update process, via the Utilities
menu.  That is the only way.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

chatter8712@xxxxxxxxx 12/12/07 10:45AM >>>
Yeah. I know. I have tried everything except check B VS G. Still,
though. is there a way I can flash the BP remotely?

I would appreciate the help. I did update the sync tool just now.

On 12/12/07, PAMELA RADER <PRADER@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi:

First of all, when I suggest that you update, I was referring to the Sync.
program, not the firmware.  The link I gave you is for the Sync. program.

Now, as far as the Firmware is concerned, with Version 105, your router
has
to be set to WEP and not WPA, as 105 does not support WPA.  Also, you
might
see what the router is set to as far as B or G.  If you have the option,
set
it to Mixed and you should be able to get the Yifi going.

As far as bridging USB, Jenny or someone else will have to guide you with
that part.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

chatter8712@xxxxxxxxx 12/12/07 10:34AM >>>
Okay. To answer some questions:

I have the 1.05 firmware. I have been having trouble connecting to
WIFI, and cannot update it.

I am downloading the most up-to-date version of the driver program
from the link given in one of the above e-mails. Is there any way I
can (A) Connect this, or (B) download the firmware and put it on the
machine?

Also, how would i "Bridge" the connections?

On 12/12/07, Yerba Bruja <yerbabruja@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm wondering.  Do you perhaps have to set the braille plus on drisk
drive
mode before you connect it to your laptop through the usb?
Marta