[icon-discuss] Another Music player issue

  • From: "Richard Turner" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 20:10:35 -0700

I just attempted to put a non-tagged mp3 book on the Braille Plus.
I ripped the 11 CD's for the book "A Thousand Splendid Suns" into 11 folders
titled disk01 through disk11.  Since the CD's were not in the internet
database that GoldWave uses, the filenames were track 01.mp3, track 02.mp3
etc. under each folder.

When I had the Braille Plus update the catalog, it made a royal mess of
those files.
I could not tell which folder the tracks with the same names were in.  I had
a bunch of track 01's in a row.  But, they did not show the path.

So, apparently, having the tracks in different folders is meaningless.

I guess I will need to go learn how to use the mp3 tag program if I want to
use the Braille Plus for books like this.

It would be nice if it could show the folder as well as the file name, then
at least one could build a play list.
Richard

---