[icon-discuss] A Mini-SD card to avoid (was Re: Re: SD Card for the Braille Plus)

  • From: "Jayson Smith" <ratguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 09:40:06 -0400

Hi all,

     I thought I'd warn you about one particular Mini-SD card to avoid. A
bit over a month ago, I purchased a 4GB Mini-SD card from Amazon. It was
listed as an OEM brand, and sold by Digital Media Outlet or Digital Media
Source. The card cost approx. $40 plus shipping. Obviously, this is a
generic, no-name card. I received the card, and it worked great for a day,
then became unreadable in either the Braille+ or PC. Reformatting the card
resulted in losing a bit more than half the capacity. I contacted the seller
and requested a replacement. I got it, and it did the exact same thing.
Having had enough, I requested a refund, which I'm still waiting for. On the
other hand, I have had no trouble with a Kingston 2GB card purchased
directly from Amazon. Just thought I'd let you guys know.
Jayson