[icebtac] Comments on Jean Obi's post

  • From: "Robert Jaquiss" <rjaquiss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icebtac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 11:56:52 -0600

Hello:

     I thought Jean's posting was very interesting. Historically in the U. S.,
there was a saying that "Necessity is the Mother of Invention.". If you can,
you might try pouring some melted wax in a flat pan, and carve the surface.
This can also be a fun craft for children. My Father made maps for me using
this technique. He actually carved a reverse image, and then used latex rubber
to form a positive image. I explained more about this in the two articles
published in Future Reflections Fall 2003. If anyone needs the links, please
let me know.

Regards,

  Robert Jaquiss