[ibis] IBIS Policies/Procedures - Call for Vote at May 1 IBIS Teleconference

  • From: "Mirmak, Michael" <michael.mirmak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ibis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ibis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "ibis-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ibis-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2015 00:34:07 +0000

As mentioned here some weeks ago, the original IBIS Charter from 1995 is being
updated to a "Policies and Procedures" document. The proposed changes clarify
how we operate day-to-day, make IBIS as an organization more consistent with
other industry standards groups, and enable greater participation by IBIS
members worldwide.

Draft 4 of the Policies and Procedures document is posted at:

http://www.eda.org/ibis/policies/IBIS_policies_procedures_review_draft4.pdf

A vote has been scheduled for May 1, during the regular IBIS Open Forum
teleconference, regarding whether to approve Draft 4 as the official Policies
and Procedures of IBIS as an organization. Related reference links are
included at the bottom of this message.

Approval will require a "YES" vote from a 2/3 majority of IBIS members (16
organizations as of today). Your input and participation are therefore vital
to making the IBIS Open Forum a more responsive and useful organization.

While we would appreciate "live" participation in the May 1 teleconference
meeting, we realize that not every organization will be able to call in and
cast a vote. We will therefore accept e-mail votes from IBIS members from now
up to the start of the May 1 teleconference. You may send your votes to either:

- Michael Mirmak (michael.mirmak@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:michael.mirmak@xxxxxxxxx>)

- Randy Wolff (rrwolff@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:rrwolff@xxxxxxxxxx>)

Voting options are:

- "YES", meaning your organization approves Draft 4 as the Policies and
Procedures for IBIS

- "NO", meaning your organization does NOT approve Draft 4 as the Policies and
Procedures for IBIS

- "ABSTAIN", meaning your organization neither approves nor disapproves

To confirm your organization's membership status, please consult the IBIS
roster: http://www.eda.org/ibis/roster/

Please participate, either by calling in on May 1 or by casting your vote via
e-mail beforehand.

Thank you for your support of IBIS!

Michael Mirmak

Intel Corp.