[ibis-quality] Minutes from the 9 Aug 2011 ibis-quality meeting

  • From: Mike LaBonte <mike@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ibis-quality@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 14:59:54 -0400

Minutes from the 9 Aug 2011 ibis-quality meeting are attached.

Mike
Minutes, IBIS Quality Committee

11:00-12:00 EST (08:00-09:00 PST)

ROLL CALL

Cisco Systems:                * Mike LaBonte
Ericsson:                       Anders Ekholm
Green Streak Programs:          Lynne Green
Huawei Technologies:            Guan Tao
IBM:                            Bruce Archambeault
                              * Greg Edlund
IOMethodology:                  Lance Wang
Mentor Graphics:                John Angulo
Micron Technology:              Moshiul Haque,
                                Randy Wolff
Nokia Siemens Networks:       * Eckhard Lenski
QLogic Corp.:                 * James Zhou
Signal Consulting Group:        Tim Coyle
Teraspeed Consulting Group:   * Bob Ross
Texas Instruments:              Pavani Jella

Everyone in attendance marked by *

NOTE: "AR" = Action Required.

-----------------------MINUTES ---------------------------
Mike LaBonte conducted the meeting.

Call for opens and IBIS related patent disclosures:

- James Zhou introduction:
  - Works for QLogic in Orange County, CA
  - They design and produce storage networking and interface cards
  - James has created and used ASIC IBIS models
  - Recently using AMI models for Serdes
  - There are 6 people in the SI group
  - Some compatibility issues are found using AMI in existing EDA tools
  - Education on how AMI works would be helpful

AR Review:

- Greg prepare docs to review Opal proposals related to AMI quality:
  - TBD

- Mike suggest QUAIL process at open forum:
  - This was discussed at open forum meeting Aug 5
  - There seemed to be general agreement to keep individual items in committee
  - There was no vote on this
  - Bob: We have not had a process for other documents like the Cookbook
    - We could have a table of QUAILS at voting time
    - We could use Mantis

AR: Mike add QUAILs to Mantis

- Bob conduct tests of parser behavior for test keywords
  - No tests yet
  - There may be some tests specific to BUG 104
  - Should be able to place [Test *] keywords anywhere in an IBIS file

New items:

Mike: Should we produce an AMI cookbook?
- Bob: It is difficult to understand
- Mike gave a short history of the development of AMI
- Mike: Maybe someone could give us a basic overview presentation on AMI
- Bob: There was one summit presentation, maybe from Walter Katz
- Eckhard: The AMI Compliance presentation?
- Bob: Model_Specific parameters have cause compatibility problems
- James: We rely heavily on EDA support
- Bob: Additional required files cause problems
- James: User needs to understand the basic process
  - We know convolution is used, but how it is used in AMI is confusing
  - Even using a model requires some knowledge, but it should not be how to
create it
- Greg: It would help to walk through creation of a simple model
- Bob: The flow has many paths
- Mike: There is the complication that GetWave is optional
- Bob: We could invite presenters
  - Greg might capture the essence of it
- Mike: We could ask the vendor to present to us
- Bob: The vendors are Agilent, Ansoft, SiSoft, Sigrity, Synopsys, Cadence, and
Mentor
- James: It should not be bogged down with vendor specific things
- Bob: We could ask them to shoot for 10 minutes, give them 30
- James: Some EDA vendors already have presentations we could look at
  - We would focus on the fundamentals and create a basic presentation
- Bob: Greg's checklist may help
  - Eckhard may have something helpful too

AR: James prepare "starter" presentation on AMI fundamentals

Mike: We need to find a conferencing solution
- I will try to find someone at Cisco to provide WebEx for us

AR: Mike try to identify Cisco host for WebEx conferencing

Next meetings:
- Next meetings Aug 16 and Aug 23

Aug 16 agenda:
- External Test