[ibis-macro] Re: questions about AMI_GetWave

  • From: Mike Steinberger <msteinb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 21:18:20 -0500

Answers below.

Mike S.

On 09/30/2013 06:31 PM, fangyi_rao@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi, AMI experts;

I was asked by an AMI model developer following questions.

1.In AMI_GetWave calls, what is the length that EDA tools allocate for the clock_times array? Model developers need to have this information to avoid writing out of bound. Should this be clarified in the standard?

In the very first discussions, the length of the clock times array was set to be equal to the length of the input waveform array. I believe that text survived to make it into IBIS 5.0. At any rate, that's been the definition from the very beginning.

2.Considering there is no message string argument in AMI_GetWave's signature, how can models pass messages back to EDA tools?

AMI_parameters_out. Define a parameter of Usage Out and Type String.

Your suggestions are appreciated.

Regards,

Fangyi