[ibis-macro] Re: question on Model_Specific branch name in input parameter string

  • From: <radek_biernacki@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 17:18:07 -0600

Hi Ambrish,

I recall some e-mail exchanges on this subject several months ago, but I
do not remember the conclusions.

What you are saying sounds like another flaw in the current spec. I
would expect the input/output DLL strings to conform COMPLETELY to the
parameter tree hierarchy specified in the *.ami file. The reason is
simple: by the principles of a parameter tree we can have exactly the
same leaf or sub-branch name in two or more branches. Therefore,
stripping a branch (removing it and bringing the entire sub-tree one
level up) should not be allowed. Any exceptions from this rule must be
explicitly stated.

So, are you saying that stripping the two branches (Reserved_Parameters
and Model_Specific) is a de-facto standard?

Radek