[ibis-macro] Re: proposal for resolving dependent parameters

  • From: <fangyi_rao@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mike@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 13:10:14 -0700

Hi, Mike;

Attached are new versions of presentation and BIRD of my proposal for dependent
parameters with following modifications according to feedbacks at this week's
ATM. Please update the files for 'New AMI API to Resolve Dependent Model
Parameter BIRD draft 1' at the ATM website.

1.       Based on Michael and Radek's suggestions, I modified the flow to let
EDA tool pass the AMI_parameters_out pointer returned by
AMI_ResolveDependentParam into AMI_Init, where DLL frees the memory it
allocates in AMI_ResolveDependentParam.

2.       Based on Arpad's input on Usage type, I specified that

Independent parameters must be of Usage type In. Because their values are used
to determine dependent parameters, they must not be updated by AMI_Init and
therefore must not be of type Out or InOut. Independent parameters must not be
of type Info either as they are used by DLL.

Dependent parameters must be of Usage Type Info or In. Since their values are
already determined by dependency relations, they must not be updated by
AMI_Init and therefore must not be of type Out or InOut.

3.      As Bob requested, I added the examples in the presentation to the text.

Thanks,
Fangyi