[ibis-macro] Re: memory_package.ibs with corrections from today's meeting

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: IBIS-ATM <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 00:12:49 +0000

Walter,

Thanks for the revised file.

I have a couple of comments.  First a minor typo, the number of signal pins
in this example is 38.  Multiplying that by 2, you should have an .s76p file,
not .s56p...

The bigger problem, though, revolves around the use of [Pin Mapping] which
you changed in the meeting to [Buffer Supply Terminals].  I am not quite
sure what your intent is with this keyword, but if I consider your first
package model instance "IO", I think you will still need the [Pin Mapping]
keyword as you had it in this example before the meeting today.

Your first example for "[Begin Package Model] IO" puts the .s76p model between
the 76 signal pins and corresponding buffer instance signal terminals.  In
order to connect the supply terminals of these buffer instances, you need to
know which group of these buffers gets connected to which group of power pins.
This mapping can be done with the conventional [Pin Mapping] keyword very well,
but the way you have [Buffer Supply Terminals] in this example file now will
not work, because you deleted all of the supply pins, and without those being
in the listing we will not know which buffer terminals should get connected to
which power pins.  I think you need to work on this some more to get a working
solution...