[ibis-macro] Re: input to Tx analog model

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 14:16:07 -0800

Fangyi,

You are basically asking the same question to which I was

trying to find the answer in the last few ATM meetings and

email discussions on the topic of the AMI analog models.

The difference you describe is exactly why I am now asking

the questions "what is ***the*** analog model" or AMI?  Is

the stimulus PWL source included or not?  Do we need two

different types of models?  Do we need to describe the

different usages and/or flows...  I still do not see the end

of the tunnel in this discussion.

I thought when Walter posted his HSPICE netlist

http://www.vhdl.org/pub/ibis/macromodel_wip/archive/20101214/walterkatz/
BIRD%20122%20Sample%20SPICE%20Deck/generic_tstonefile_spice.pdf

that we had the answer.  But when Walter brought up the

possibility of using the output of Tx GetWave as the input

to the Tx analog model, I lost that feeling.  I am still

looking for answers and suggestions on how to write the

specification in an unambiguous way to describe the analog

models.

I am open to any suggestions...