[ibis-macro] Re: ignore_bits and TX vs. RX

  • From: "Todd Westerhoff" <twesterh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <michael.mirmak@xxxxxxxxx>, "'IBIS-ATM'" <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 09:47:56 -0400 (EDT)

Michael (& all),

I don't believe that the TX should shorten its output by the value of
Ignore_Bits at all . nor should the RX.  The waveform pipeline is the
waveform pipeline.

Ignore_Bits is part of the contract between the model and simulator,
whereby the model declares "the first xxx bits of my output should be
ignored" . which implies that there is output that needs to be ignored to
begin with (clumsily worded, I know, but I can't come up with better at
the moment).

Does that make sense?

Todd.

VP, Software Products

Signal Integrity Software Inc. .  <http://www.sisoft.com/> www.sisoft.com

6 Clock Tower Place . Suite 250 . Maynard, MA 01754

(978) 461-0449 x24  .   <mailto:twesterh@xxxxxxxxxx> twesterh@xxxxxxxxxx

"I want to live like that "

                                             -Sidewalk Prophets