[ibis-macro] Re: concern on Rx_Noise

  • From: <fangyi_rao@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vladimir_dmitriev-zdorov@xxxxxxxxxx>, <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 09:57:25 -0600

Thanks for the comment, Vladimir. Basically Rx_Noise^2 is the integral of PSD
over the entire bandwidth, so it is an incomplete description of noise
characteristics.

To correct an error in the example in my original email, the noise RMS after
the averaging filter is Rx_Noise/sqrt(N), not (1/N)*Rx_Noise/sqrt(N).

Fangyi