[ibis-macro] Re: clock_times .... yet again

  • From: "Dmitriev-Zdorov, Vladimir" <vladimir_dmitriev-zdorov@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Mike Steinberger" <msteinb@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Scott McMorrow" <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 15:54:43 -0600

Yes, perhaps we are interested in how much the difference T(n) - T(n-1)
could be different from nominal UI. I checked one of our 'good behaving'
Rx DLLs and found this to be about 2% on 1e6 bits. But, at higher rate
this number is at 4%. And finally we need to talk about probabilities at
or below 1e-12 otherwise we'll get the correct simulation results only
when the jitter is small.

I'm surprised that we need to prove that this issue is important. Should
it be instead the other way: can the implementers prove that this issue
is always insignificant?