[ibis-macro] Re: clock_times .... yet again

  • From: "Dmitriev-Zdorov, Vladimir" <vladimir_dmitriev-zdorov@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Mike Steinberger" <msteinb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 13:11:37 -0600

Mike,

We are talking about different things. My point was that the spec should
be definite enough about what is a correct meaning and usage of clock
times.
You are saying that since you do a specific type of simulation
successfully, there is no reason to worry about the accurate definition.
Or did I take it wrong?

Any abstract EDA tool gets a long waveform and clock times output from
Rx DLL. This is to be used to create eye "histograms". Do we need to
formally define the standard way of doing this or remain silent on this
point thus leaving the possibility that the result is implementation
dependent?

The best I can figure out from the spec and our discussion so far is
this:

"EDA tool will use the portion of the waveform from tick_time_N to
(tick_time_N+1UI) to fill the eye histogram. It is allowed that some
portions of the Rx output waveform will be duplicated or missed in the
histogram if the clock times are non equidistant"

or

"the standard way of building the eye histogram from Rx output is not
defined in details and could be implementation specific"

Vladimir