[ibis-macro] Re: What is a [Model], I now understand the issue

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: IBIS-ATM <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 04:20:06 +0000

Walter,

I don't think the solution is that obvious.  There are other options
to consider aside from defining the analog models in the .ami file.

The [Model] or [External Model] keywords could potentially be modified
or a new [AMI Model] keyword could be invented for the .ibs file, or
the AMI DLL could also carry its own analog model definition (as it
was pointed out by Greg's question not too long ago).  We have yet to
discuss the pros and cons of each of these possibilities (or any other
ones we didn't think of yet) in order to determine the most preferable
solution...

My presentation in the last ATM meeting was basically a "problem statement".
We have yet to come up with proposals on how we can solve the problem.
I would like to encourage everyone to think about possible solutions
and the pros and cons of each so we could find our way out of this
situation.