[ibis-macro] What I propose for IBIS 6.0 Packaging Solution

  • From: "Walter Katz" <wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "IBIS-ATM" <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 14:52:37 -0400 (EDT)

All,

Files I will be discussing today.

There are 3 .ibs files and 4 .ipkg files. The .ibs files reference .ipkg
files. The .ipkg files are in parameter tree syntax.

package.ibs

[IBIS-ISS Package] by_model.ipkg

This corresponds to MM's SerDes example where a 12 port model (either
IBIS-ISS .mod file or an s12p Touchstone file) is associated with each
model.

[IBIS-ISS Package] by_pin.ipkg

This corresponds to MM's SerDes example where a 12 port model (either
IBIS-ISS .mod file or an s12p Touchstone file) is associated with each pin
with a different length.

By_model_mixed.ibs

[IBIS-ISS Package] by_model_mixed.ipkg

This corresponds to MM's DQ example where a 10 port model (s10p Touchstone
file) is associated with each model.

package_power.ibs

[IBIS-ISS Package] package_power.ipkg

This corresponds to what I think Xilinx wants to do. This is a package
model of a full interface (e.g. "Bank"). The IBIS-ISS subckt has all (3)
of the channels, and all of the power and ground pins in the "Bank". Note
that there are only one Die power pad and only one Die ground pad.

This is a simple solution that does have the constraint that there is only
one Die port for each supply node. This constraint gets naturally removed
when IBIS-EMD is implemented (IBIS 7.0), although could be implemented in
IBIS 6.0 by the additions of a [Pad] section to described multiple Die
Power and GND pads.

I would like to defer discussion on the on-die modeling solution until I
can prepare a proper presentation.

wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx

Phone 303.449-2308