[ibis-macro] Re: Usage Out syntax rules

  • From: Mike Steinberger <msteinb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 13:38:08 -0600

Arpad-

That's exactly what a lot of existing models do. In doing that, they replace any Default values for Usage Out parameters that might have been declared in an AMI file. Thus, "Default" means the same thing for Usage Out parameters as it does for all other parameters- it's the value that can be used until another value is selected.

This is all completely clear and is working perfectly well. We don't need any new rules in this area.

Mike S.

On 12/16/2011 01:29 PM, Muranyi, Arpad wrote:

The only thing I can imagine is that the

model generates the value internally and

then it outputs it in the AMI_parameters_out

argument.

#1) that "The EDA tool must process the content of the .ami file",

which indicates to me that the selection of one value from multi

valued parameters is done by the tool, not the model.

#2) that "each leaf name is followed by a white space, a value"

where value is singular, so the model has nothing to select from.

#3) the phrase "possibly incorporating user selections",

indicates to me that the multi valued parameters are

reduced to a single value either by the user making

a selection or the rules revolving around using <typ> or

Default.  This is why Default to me refers to the selection

mechanism and not to initializing variables in the EDA tool

and/or the AMI model.  Your understanding or interpretation

of the spec and BIRDs seems to be quite different from the

way I read them...