[ibis-macro] Re: Updated PAM4 BIRD rev 5

  • From: Scott McMorrow <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bob Ross <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2015 18:04:40 -0400

How does the bird handle non-linearity in the output levels?

Scott McMorrow
Consultant - R&D
16 Stormy Brook Rd
Falmouth, ME 04105
(401) 284-1827 Business
http://www.teraspeed.com

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 5:58 PM, Bob Ross <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Walter,

Here are some editorial comments to conform with IBIS Version 6.1
conventions:

Where the Type is String, use Default: <string_literal>

Where the Type is Float, use Default: <numeric_literal>

In most, if not all cases, the default value assignments are given in the
Usage Rules

sections.

For Modulation, only the enumerated strings "NRZ" and "PAM4" should be
legal. Any

other string is an error. The default "NRZ" applies if the Modulation
parameter is

not included in the .ami file.

For PAM4_Mapping, the additional rule should be that the Value consists of
a four

digits: 0, 1, 2, and 3. None of these can be repeated in the four
character string.

(While this rule is implied, it should be spelled out. Thus "0223" and
"3125" would

be flagged as an error.)

Should we also include Usage: Dep for those Reserved Parameters that
support

Usage: Out?

Bob