[ibis-macro] Re: Update to Greg's drawing?

  • From: "Walter Katz" <wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gedlund@xxxxxxxxxx>, <DBanas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 13:47:28 -0400 (EDT)

Greg,

What you call “IBIS file” should be “IBIS [Model]”. PKG can be in the “IBIS
file”, but for SerDes modeling is almost always replace with a “Broadband
ISS” model. The expectation is that IBIS 5.2 will include “Broadband ISS”
models.

In the Rx Jitter Model, I assume EQ1 is a CTLE (Peaking Filter), and EQ2 is
DFE. I believe that CDR should be included in the “algorithmic model”. It is
not clear to me if the CDR input should be after EQ2, or between EQ1 and
EQ2.

In slide 1, I have proposed adding Rx_Sj_Frequency, and
Rx_Clock_Recovery_Sj_Frequency. The ATM committee has requested that
Rx_Noise_Pad and Rx_External_Reference has been removed from BIRD123 –
although I would like to confirm this with the committee.

Walter

From: David Banas <DBanas@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "'ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 09/08/2011 11:09 AM
Subject: [ibis-macro] Update to Greg's drawing?
Sent by: ibis-macro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

  _____

Hi all,

Was there an update to Greg’s jitter model drawing, more recent than what
Arpad sent to the reflector on Tues. at 12:30 pm PDT?

Thanks,

David Banas
Sr. Member Technical Staff
 <http://www.altera.com/> Altera
+1-408-544-7667 - desk

Did you know Altera offers
<http://www.altera.com/servlets/searchcourse?coursetype=Online&WT.mc_id=t9_ot_mi_mi_tx_a_311>

over 150 free online technical training courses? Take one today!

  _____

Confidentiality Notice.
This message may contain information that is confidential or otherwise
protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution, or
copying of this message, or any attachments, is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this message in error, please advise the sender by reply
e-mail, and delete the message and any attachments. Thank you.

GIF image