[ibis-macro] Tuesday Package Presentation

  • From: Walter Katz <wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "IBIS-ATM" <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2014 18:12:36 -0500 (EST)

All,

Happy New year to everyone!

I am enclosing the latest IBIS-ISS Package Status presentation. I plan on
giving this presentation at the IBIS Summit on January 31.

Slides 17, 18 and 19 are new, and document how the proposed syntax can be
easily extended to have Ports refer to Input, Output or I/O model types. I
also added a decision (1.4) for this on slide 23.

In addition, I added decision 1.6:

Corner? Typ/Slow/Fast Typ/LessXtalk/MoreXtalk

Traditionally, IBIS has Typ, Min, Max values. This can mean either
typical, smallest, largest, but can also take on the meaning of typical,
slow/weak, fast/strong. For package models, a common meaning of corner
would be Typ, Slow, Fast. This order is compatible with typical,
slow/weak, fast/strong. Alternatively, one could have the meaning for
delay, with the min delay being fastest and the max delay being slowest,
thus Typ, Fast, Slow. To complicate things more, one could have corners
for crosstalk.

In any case, we will need to carefully define what we mean by corner, and
might want to use other keywords then "Corner", such as "Delay_Corner" and
"Xtalk_Corner".

I hope we can resolve some of the "Decisions that are still unresolved"
before the IBIS Summit, so we can focus on some decisions that I think
need a wider audience then IBIS-ATM.

 <mailto:wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx> wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx

Phone 303.449-2308